.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Friday, October 29, 2004

The day when tears formed in my eyes
What an eventful day it was! Meeting the parents, having meetings and not forgetting going to class.

The highlight of the day? Ms Yeo's farewell . Ms Yeo would be leaving the school to head a new JC in about a month's time. It was really sweet of the students to put up a farewell performance for her. The performance was outstanding and interesting as usual, with performances from the Chinese Orchestra, Band and the Choir.

It soon dawned upon me that Ms Yeo, a Principal whom I had interacted with since coming into the school, would be leaving us in a month's time. Honestly, it was really tough to hold and fight back my tears as Mingli read out the opening speech. My tear glands were constantly stimulated by the words that poured out from Mingli's speech. It was insightful, touching and a very well-described speech. However, I managed to steer myself not to weep or even sob, because I am happy for her career advancement. I will definitely miss Miss Yeo's humane leadership, be inspired by her gung-ho and never-say-die spirit and her friendliness towards one and all in the school.

I was asked to represent the staff to present flowers to Ms Yeo. Upon setting foot onto the stage, my feet were trembling and quivering badly. Ms Yeo was her usual calm and composed self and shook my hands firmly. I could vaguely feel the turmoil and sadness in her heart and her reluctance to leave the school that she has been with for such a long time. This was especially evident when the students cheered loudly for her. However, I do realise that she might also be looking forward to making a difference in her new school.

Lastly, I do wish that Ms Yeo will enjoy her new appointment and continue to make a difference to the lives of her students.





|