.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The day we were eagerly waiting for...
As mentioned earlier in my previous posts, today is the day for "Let's Twist" Story Dramatization.We began the day by meeting up in the new foyer at 7.30 am.

It had been such a long time since I had woken up so early. However, upon meeting the angels, I could see that all 10 of them were ready and raring to present their stories to the judges. Fortunately, everyone managed to reach there early and we were able to sneak in at least 1 rehearsal session. It was also ideal to meet early to allow them some time to calm down their frazzled nerves. I then proceeded to apply make-up on each and every one...YES, even the boys! At least some eyeshadow and blusher were applied on their faces. Initially resistant, everyone succumbed eventually when they saw how 'gorgeous' the others looked with make-up. I had great fun doing up each and everyone's faces, especially Heidi's who had heavily lined eyes and a beauty mole to complete her evil witch look. Mdm Cheng happened to pass by, wished everyone good luck and reminded to bring pride and glory to the school. Mrs Sum too popped over to give us some moral support. I'm really thankful that everyone is so supportive of this competition. Somehow, it does make the effort more worthwhile and it's heartwarming to see one's superiors showing me and the angels so much support.

We boarded the bus at around 9am, intending to reach Geylang East Community Library at around 9.30am. Somehow, the driver took a longer route and we only managed to reach the library at around 9.35am due to the peak hour traffic. Along the way, we spotted a rather unique-looking bus and I managed to snap a picture of it before it moved off. Haha... looks like it's a good reminder that Christmas is around the corner!

Special bus


Just around 9.30am, I received an SMS from Ms Jumiah, saying that she would meet us at the library itself. Woah...I was really touched that she actually came down to render her help and to give the students some morale booster.

Upon arrival, we were immediately herded towards one of the rooms and we began our audition almost immediately. The room was cramped and small. In fact, I expected something bigger than this. The 3 judges sat together and surprising, one of them was an ex-student of the school. How coincidental! Anyway, we took some time to position our props and then we began. The Looney Tunes went first followed by Diamonds That Rust. There were some minor glitches here and there but all in all, everything went smoothly. Phew! I heaved a sign of relief when I realise that the preliminaries were over, in a flash. The angels were really very outstanding. Somehow, watching them perform made me feel that all my effort spent on them was worthwhile. It's rather hard to put down in words what the feeling was but, I felt great! I bet the angels felt the same way too.

We were then told that we were not allowed to stay behind to watch other teams' performances. There was some miscommunication here because the librarian in charge had earlier told me that we could actually do so. Haha...I almost freaked out because I had chartered the bus to come at 5pm. We finished at 10.30 am! Luckily the bus company could send a driver down. While waiting for him, we snapped several photos. Here's one of them:

Almost immediately after putting down our props, we proceeded to Swensen's. Wow... we had such a wonderful time there talking and laughing. Oh yes, they even volunteered to help me train the next batch of storytellers. How nice of them!

Anyway, we left Swensen's with satisfied tummies and with a greater sense of satisfaction that we had done our best. Now, we only can wait for the results....On a last note, do check out what we ate in Swensen's!

|