.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Monday, November 15, 2004

East Zone Schools Chinese Orchestra Concert
Was missing in action for 1 entire day. It wasn't that I was too lazy to blog, but the reverse... I had absolutely no time yesterday. Well, the Chinese Orchestra was involved in this East Zone Schools Chinese Orchestra Concert "Rhapsody in Harmony 2004" yesterday. It was a tiring day for me as I went to school at 10.45am and reached home exactly 12 hours later! You might be asking what I was doing the entire day. The answer ---> The East Zone Chinese Orchestra Concert...duh!

It was a strength-zapping day for me and I didn't manage to go to church at all due to the fact that I had to be in school early. Worried that I would reach school late, I took a cab, thinking that it would give me some time allowance to arrive way before the students. Alas, man proposes, God disposes. I managed to get a cab, but the cab driver heard me wrongly and almost drove me to Pasir Ris instead! The cab driver was this nearing retirement old man who is most likely hard of hearing. What's worse, the cab fare came up to $9.40, the most since I had taken to school in 2 years. Probably it was because the cab driver had to make a detour. Sheeesh...next time I take a cab to school, I will ensure that I e-n-u-n-c-i-a-t-e the address clearly!

Anyway, back to the main topic... the concert. Well, we spent most of our time rehearsing the items. There were so many items scheduled for the performance that very night. I believe that the audience must have been way overwhelmed by the many items that night. If I remember correct, the concert lasted a whooping 2h 45 mins. Ouch! Mdm Cheng, our new Principal, was standing behind the doors, full of smiles and cheering for our students when our item was on. It was the first time she had seen the whole Chinese Orchestra in action and I could sense the pride on her face as the Orchestra played. Oh, did I mention that she had put up an item with the other principals/vice-principals? Well, she played the pipa and I think she did rather well.

Photo of the concert booklet


Anyway, amidst the concert, we were literally chased out of our holding area where our bags, instruments and other stuff are placed. Anyway, it was really silly because we had no place to go and had to make do with the corridors of VCH. Talk about bring pathetic! Well, at least we were not the only school rendered "homeless". We had to carry all the bags , instruments and stuff out of the room in liek 15 mins. Check out the condition of the bags in a mess in the picture below.

Bags, bags and more bags...



|