.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Friday, November 12, 2004

I'm back with a vengence!
Oooh, I was really too busy these few days to blog. I had mentioned earlier that I was involved in the End-of-year Staff Workshop and boy, was I glad that it was over. However, we still have another session on the 29th December 2004. You may think it's weird to enjoy work, but I actually relish the bonding of colleagues working together in the workshop committee. It's hard work but I enjoyed the process. ;)

Anyway, I promised you photos of The Santuary. So here they are! Tata!

The Santuary (Notice the aluminium strips on the pillar?)


Another photo of the library


After the workshop, I had to rush immediately to Chinatown to meet YH and friends. Being a person who has absolutely no sense of direction, I was actually rather frightened of taking the NEL line to Chinatown. Yes...I do get lost! What's more, it's only my second time taking the NEL line. However, I was pretty street-smart *ahem* and decided for the sake of arriving in one piece in Chinatown, I had better follow the crowd. Voila.... I have proven the saying "If in doubt, follow the crowd" correct again!

The purpose of the meetup? Well, YH wanted to buy us dinner as he managed to get posted to ACS(I). Well, YH, if you are reading this, congrats because you have not been forgotten by your fairy godmother. Anyway, we went to a vegetarian (reason: YH is a herbivore) restaurant called 'Just Green'. Thanks to YH's generosity that we had a sumptuous dinner consisting of mock shark's fin, crispy oatmeal prawns, fish cooked in black pepper and lemon sauce and much, much more. Just thinking about the food again makes my mouth water. At the end, the dinner came out to be $200+, which I thought was rather steep for simply putting "flour stuff" into my stomach. Nevertheless, we all enjoyed ourselves and that was all that mattered.

While walking around in Chinatown, I happened to chance upon this shop selling all sorts of stationery. I went in to get some materials for making paper roses (I happen to be rather good at this) and I saw the tiara below. I could not resist the temptation and got it in the end. Now, you must be thinking that all the work had gotten to my head that I am crazy enough to buy a tiara. What for? you might ask. Well, it's for the Storytelling Competition in two weeks' time. Both groups from 1E1 and 1E4 could use this, so I bought this without thinking. I amvery much sane, alive and kicking, by the way!

The Tiara


After the buying and sight-seeing along the night market at Chinatown, we were all bushed and decided to rest our feet at Swensens at Chinatown Point. There, we stayed till around 11, where I had my yummy Coit Tower ice-cream. Aren't you envious? *winks*

Yummy Coit Tower from Swensens


Anyway, I am signing off now as I want to catch Singapore Idols on Channel 5, The Champions on Channel 8 and Survivor.

|