.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Thursday, November 04, 2004

It's Idol Fever
Back to blogging. The reason why I was late, simple. It's Thurday night and Idol fever is on! Haha...I'm totally into watching Singapore Idol every Thursday and Friday night. In fact, I do believe I'm not alone in this. Even my mother and maid watches along.

Tonight was RnB night and I was really glued to the screen. I'm beginning to see the idols differently as well. Let me critic the performances of the 5 contestants tonight.

Taufik: He has really evolved from a nobody to a somebody in this competition. He has improved BIG TIME! Taufik can really groove well to the music and he has such slick movements. Plus, he can capture the audience's attention. Well, at least he has captured mine! Initially, I found him rather average-looking, but the longer I see him, the more suave he is. *swoon* Taufik has good mastery of all the themes in the Singapore Idol. He will definitely be a strong contender for the final 2! Rock on, Taufik!

Daphne: Personally, I like her cutesy voice. Despite her small frame, she does have a big personality. However, I find that something was sorely lacking in her performance tonight. Perhaps, it's the lack of motivation (Christopher is not around anymore)? I don't know. She can sing better when she hits the high notes. Daphne can definitely be idol material, however, maybe not in the Singapore Idol. My guess is that she'll be out tomorrow.

Slyvester: He did not impress me tonight. I found his performance to be only average. Maybe it's because I have such high expectations of him. His dancing was non-existent and he appeared as though he was having cramps. Sorry Ziqi and all Slyvester supporters out there! I must however admit that he is really boyish. Probably if I were a teenager all over again, I would gush madly over him. He has this bad boy streak in him which would possibly endear him to many ah lians as well.

Leandra: I thought her first performance of the song "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" was terribly weak. In fact, it was one of the worst renditions I have ever heard. *Bleah* However, she totally blew me away with her version of "Falling". I'm no Alicia key fan, but the moment she sang, I sat up and told myself that Leandra is still in the competition. Phew. She's just too sweet to go away like that. Her biggest disadvantage would be her age though. (See sometimes being old is not too bad either!) ;)

Olinda: My favourite singer among all the Idol wannabes. Like Taufik, she definitely stands a high chance of making it to the final 2. She has really showed that she wants to win Singapore Idol really badly. I'm rooting for her because she is starting to look glamourous. More changes will be in the pipeline, trust me.

Anyway, 1 shocking discovery I made. I realised that there's a teacher in PRSS who actually looks and sounds like Florence Lian. Guessing time!

Oh yes, tomorrow will be the deadline for the submission of blog links. Do try to remind your friends who have not done so. Otherwise, they will be hearing my voice on their phones. This is not a threat!


|