.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Mamma Mia!!!
It's Mamma Mia night for me tonight!!!

I went for the musical at Esplanade, a.k.a "The Durian" tonight with J. Mammia Mia's one entertaining musical to watch....in fact, it's a must-watch. Well, initially I was rather reluctant to shell out $65 ($67 to be exact because of Sistic's surcharge) for the ticket. However, since I had heard so many raves about it, I thought why not? I went and did not regret. It was a superb production and ABBA's songs were ingeniously incorporated into the plot of the musical. I was no Abba fan before this but now I AM! I bought ABBA's "The Definitive Collection" yesterday while I was at Plaza Singapura. ABBA is equivalent to ...hmmmm let me think... S Club 7 of yesteryear, maybe even bigger! I was totally blown away by the fact that most of ABBA's songs are really catchy. It probably takes a 3-year old kid 2 mins before he is be able to hum "Honey Honey" the second time he hears it. The power of ABBA!

Anyway, I made it on time for the musical. It was exceedingly rushed as I left school around 6.05pm, reached home at 7pm and had to shower and change before hitting the Esplanade. Without taxi drivers, I would have been locked out of the musical to face a TV screen. Anyway, because it was so rushed, I did not manage to eat dinner and proceeded hungrily to watch Mamma Mia on an empty stomach. Haha luckily my stomach did not growl or I would have been seriously embarrassed! *blushes*

Mamma Mia was my first ticket inside the Esplanade. I thought that the place was breathtakingly magnificent and grand. Perhaps that ambience took up half my ticket price. Anyway, my $65 ticket allowed me only a place right behind. The stage was actually rather visible from where I was seated. Many $85 seats in front of us were empty but the ushers did not allow us to move in front. I did think that it was rather mean of the ushers at first. Looking back, I think there were just doing their jobs. Sighs... What a waste!

Think I would be buying Mamma Mia tickets for my parents as their birthday gifts. My mother wanted to go but she is terribly sick. My dad didn't want to go because he had a badminton session scheduled. Silly man!!! Anyway, my mum was greatly disappointed. I can sense my dad wants to go as well since he's such an ABBA fan. Well, I'll probably buy them the $100+ tickets then and be a good daughter! *winks*

By the way, my tagboard's not working. Hope it will get up and running again. I really miss it!


|