.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Friday, November 19, 2004

Of Farewell and The Incredibles
Today was Ms Yeo's farewell from the staff. Everything ran amazingly smoothly except for my speech. Well, my hands were trembling and shaking way badly as I read out the speech. I was rather intimidated by the huge turnout. The cue cards i prepared for the speech somehow appeared to be stuck to one another. Haha it was extremely embarrassing when I had to tell everyone to wait for me to get the correct card in the middle of my speech. Luckily, the powerpoint slides I prepared ran smoothly. The slides were running to ABBA's song "Thank You For the Music", one of my current favourites at the moment. Anyway, I'm glad that Ms Yeo was happy with the simple low-key affair. We tried our best to make the most of what we have. Hopefully, it came across as sincere(which I think it was).

Anyway, last night I went to catch "The Incredibles" at Bugis Junction. It's the best animation ever created by Disney Pixar. It's hilarious, creative, witty and a great movie for both the young and old. I was totally blown away by the plot and characters. I've recently watched "Shark Tale" but, YES, I agree that "The Incredible" is in a league of its own. Watch it for yourself and you will know what I mean! I do not want to be a spoiler and reveal the plot in my blog.

After the movie, around 12 am, CM and I wanted to use the toilet. However, all the toilets in the building were locked. We therefore decided to use the toilets at Hotel Intercontinental. Erm... The main point is not to talk about the toilets but on our way there, we spotted the Bugis arcade and remembered that there was a toilet somewhere around the area. We saw many policemen crowding around the escalator area with some youths, but CM and I dismissed the sight and thought that the policemen were just being vigilant. We then took the escalator down to the arcade level. Imagine our shock when we saw blood of the floor near the escalator landing. I almost freaked out at the sight! The cleaner was there mopping up the remaining blood stains. Frightened, we immediately took the escalator back up again. I held on to the escalator bar to steady myself. To my horror and disgust, I saw another patch of blood on the bar next where to where my hand was. Yucks! Luckily I didn't touch it by mistake. Shaken, we quickly left the scene.

I presume that there was a fight prior to this. Hmmm... I am still rather disturbed by what I had seen.

|