.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Monday, November 01, 2004

Photos Galore!
My relationship with Blogger.com is now a love-hate one. I had just finished typing today's post when I realised that I had accidentally deleted it. Argggghhh.... silly me! Nevermind, I shall exhibit my never-say-die mentality and REDO my entire blog. Hmmmph! *sulks and crosses my arms*

Well for today, nothing much happened so I will not be writing about the monotonous happenings of today. Instead, I would be blogging about one of my interests --- Photography. Looking at me, you would never expect that a simple, gentle, lovely young lady (an exaggeration...I know) like me would be interested in hobby like photography. Indeed, photo-taking is often synonymous with bald-headed old men in their prime who have too much free time in their hands. This is stereotyping but who cares? I am neither bald nor have too much free time, but I truly enjoy taking photographs.

I recall the first time when I was given my first camera by a close church friend of my family, Uncle Harold, when I was 13 years old. He had noticed that I had shown slight interest in photography and presented me with an old camera of his. Now, let me take some time to describe the camera. It looked neither slim nor physically attractive. Instead, it looked weathered, seasoned and to put it in simple English, an antique! It was one of the cameras that required some effort on my part to forward the film everytime a shot was taken. However, I was extremely elated at the thought that I could snap away freely without being snapped at by my mother for playing with her camera. Haha, it was the best thing that could happen to me then.

I started clicking at every I saw, my dog urinating, my father dozing off and my various family members looking their very worst. Of course, I received many complaints but who cares? I was enjoying myself! Uncle Harold then taught me that taking good pictures require much patience, in waiting for the subjects to be ready and being always ready as a photographer to catch that very special moment. I remembered being laughed at by my cousins and friends for lugging an old contraption everywhere I went but their stares and ridicule did not put me off photography. I throughly enjoyed myself. "Wait with vigilance and patience, for it is only with waiting that you can capture the best moments," stressed Uncle Harold. Perhaps, it was through Uncle Harold that I learnt to temper my hot-headedness and fiery spirit in me.

Sadly, I lost the camera when I was moving house. Much as I tried my best to look for the camera, I could not find it. However, the words of Uncle Harold will remain etched in my head as indelible memories.

Anyway, let me show off some of my photographs taken using my latest digital gadget --- a Konica Minolta that I had purchased in June. I have also put up 3 pictures for readers to guess what they are in my tagboard. No prizes for guessing it right but answers will be unveiled in my next blog.

|