.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Monday, November 22, 2004

Weddings and more weddings...
Hi bloggie

Hmmm...it seems as if the whole world is getting married this holiday, with the exception of me, of course *winks mischievously*. Anyway, I have received a total of not 1, not 2 but 6 wedding invites this holiday! Imagine that I have approximately 1 wedding to go every week. That's how scary it is! Haha... This works out to be a $600 poorer Annabel. *sob sob* Nevermind, I'm sure my turn will come too, in good time.

Anyway, it's such a coincidence that I happen to have 2 weddings to attend on the same night. Since I can't split myself into too, I guess I have to inform W that I can't attend hers. Anyway, here are the dates for the wedding dinners. 26th Nov-Theresa, 6th Dec - Y and W, 24th Dec - Sandra, 26th Dec - Marilyn and 27th Dec - Anqi.

Today, I went sourcing and scouting around Tampines area for suitable dresses to wear for these weddings. Hahaha... sadly, I have no proper dresses in my wardrobe. Since I have like 6 weddings (and more to come I suppose) I thought it was a good idea to invest in a few decent-looking dresses. However, I do not want to splurge on these clothes which I would only get to don once in a blue moon. I had spotted a very sweet-looking pink tube dress at Isetan the other day. I was thinking about whether I should actually get it as it costs $79. I actually tried it on and it does look rather fitting! Well, anyway, I put the purchase on hold. J and CM offtered to loan me some dresses as well. Such dear friends I have!

I started off my mission at DBS Building, This Fashion. To my surprise, there were some clothes which look reasonably presentable. However, one must really be patient and be prepared to take time to sieve through the majority to find a gem. Haha.... after spending 1 hour there, I managed to try on a total of 12 dresses but only buying 1. The salesgirl must be really exasperated with me, having tried on so many and getting only 1 dress. Anyway, I thought that I had made a great buy. The halter neck dress looked as if it cost at least $50. It was definitely a steal for me! Anyway, I started my mission at This Fashion and I ended it there as well. Somehow, the trying of clothes made me rather exhausted. Don't ask me why!

Looking forward to the Storytelling Competition Preliminaries this Wednesday. I believe the 10 angels will do well. They have put in so much time and effort into it! Pray for us, yah?

|