.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Looking Back and Looking Forward
Hi everyone, I'm back! Finally!

As mentioned, I have been busy with so many things, EOY workshop, friends' weddings, meeting up with friends and catching up with ex-classmates. It has been exhausting but every minute spent was worthwhile. I bet everyone has heard about the tsunami crisis in Asia. The devastation and destruction dealt to the various countries is really a huge blow and a terrible way to end the year. I really feel for the various victims and their family members of the causalties.

I am now blogging away at 7.15 am in the Staff Room. I initially thought of not coming to school but we (CO and I) have to settle and hang up the banner which dropped from the 3rd storey yesterday. Alas...It was one of the nicest CO banners I had ever seen and I was utterly disappointed when M broke the news to me yesterday. Nevertheless, we will rectify the problem by today.

2004 has been a great year for me, in my career, family and personal life. I had been given new challenges in my career. Although difficult initially, the support and help from fellow colleagues helped pull me through. Praise God for them! I am beginning to see my colleagues as great pals both at work and in school. I have also began to grow fonder of the EL department because the colleagues are creative, dynamic and supportive people. It's great fun working together when everyone has a common goal and we really hope that all our students will be proficient in the English Language.

The SWC team is another group of colleagues I have grown to love. It is through this committee that I got to know people like S, N, D, Y and L. It's really amazing how we worked, looking back now, it seemed as if we had just started.

My angels have been such a blessing to me this year as well. Although they can be rather mischievous at times, they can be totally irresistibly adorable and lovable at other times. Sometimes they make me boil with seething anger but most of the times they simply add a little smile to my face through their enthusiasm and ability to learn. I really hope that I was able to guide these angels to learn to their best ability this year. To all my angels, thank you for the fun and joy you have provided me this year. In your little ways, perhaps unperceivable to the naked eye, you have given me a greater sense of purpose and a further encouragement in teaching. You have spurred and stirred in me new ways of teaching to interest and excite the class. You have come to me with your personal problems, treating me as a friend you can confide in. For all these I am grateful...

With 2004 coming to a close, I guess it's high time I should write about my resolutions for 2005.

My resolutions for 2005:
1) I hope to complete most of my work in school instead of bringing them home. This is so that I can spend more quality time with my family and friends.
2) Learn new strategies on how to make my lessons more exciting and experiential for all my new angels.
3) Allow students to take up more responsiblity in their own learning(Still thinking of how to do this).
4) Get a new hair cut.
5 Lasik my eyes (Still deliberating whether or not to perform lasik).
6) Exercise more to get a trimmer and leaner figure.
7) Learn to relax and not over-panic.
8) Relate more to students on a personal level.

Hopefully, 2005 will be a better year for each and everyone of us; that 2005 will be a year free of rifts, war, calamities and a year filled with love and joy!



|