.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Monday, December 20, 2004

Malacca - Day 2
I'm rather frustrated with blogger these days. Somehow, I can't upload my photos. Either that or I get a little square with a cross in the centre. Can someone tell me how to solve this problem, please? Is it due to the fact that I have too many photos in my blog page. Someone, HELP!

Anyway, this leads me to day 2 of my trip to Malacca. Well, coincidentally, day 2 happened to be my daddy's birthday as well. 8th Dec. Mummy's birthday falls on 10th Dec. Surprise? We always celebrate their birthdays on 9th Dec. Hehe, this strategic move helped to save some cold, hard cash for brother and me.

Anyway, I digress again... On that day, I totally forgot it was my daddy's birthday, until Mummy whispered into my ear during breakfast to remind me to wish him a happy birthday. Only then, did it daunt on me that I had almost forgotten my daddy's birthday! Well, to make up, I immediately gave him a warm hug and an extra-saccherine-sweet greeting to make up for my forgetfulness.

After breakfast, we (Brother, GF and I) decided to explore the hotel grounds for the slightest fun activity held there. We checked out the swimming pool, wanting to go for a quick dip when Brother decided the pool was too small to satisfy his huge swimming capacity *rolls my eyes*. Anyhow, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because we found the hotel spa. Entry was at 10 ringgit per head. Of course, we took a sneak peak at the surroundings before putting our money down. The spa appeared rather luxurious. However, the male and female spa areas were separated. We decided to pamper ourselves and asked my parents along, all because Brother didn't want to be all alone in the spa. He's a timid little mouse although he looks rather manly externally. Anyway, we tried almost everything there, from the steam bath, sauna, jacuzzi to this cold shower thingy

After the pampering session, we went for a nonya lunch. Sadly, the original restaurant(Oleh Sayang) we wanted to go to was closed. Instead we went to a restaurant that sounded like "Maggot" (Sorry, but I can't recall the name). The food was only average and based on memory, Oleh Sayang was a much better choice in terms of taste and ambience. Next, GF spotted this shopping centre some distance away. We walked all the way there only to find that it was a Malacca version of Katong Shopping Centre. People who have been there will understand what I mean. It's a terrible spot for shopping! Disappointed, we trudged all the way back to the hotel before embarking on another crazy shopping spree at Mahkota. It seems as if only Mahkota is worth browsing.

It was there that we ate a satisfying meal of Kenny Rogers. Brother and GF secretly rushed out to buy 2 slices of cake to celebrate Mummy and Daddy's birthdays. Their selection - Carrot cake and cheese cake from Coffee Bean. After which, we caught the movie "Shutter" as a family. Nothing scary. In fact, I enjoyed a good laugh from the usual storyline but GF was covering her eyes the whole time through the movie. I really wondered what she saw through the tiny gaps between her fingers. Alas, to each her own.

We had such great time that day, shopping, eating, relaxing, chilling out... I can still picture myself back in Malacca. How nice!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These few days I have been busy packing my room. It's in such horrible condition that anyone who stepped in would most likely faint from shock. I simply had to do something about it! I tossed out my prized magazine collection consisting of magazines dated back to 1997 till now. Serious! I'm not joking. I'm an avid magazine reader and collector. I buy magazines the minute they hit the newsstands. Well, I tossed out the magazines which cost me at least $600 through these years. It's crazy, I know. Imagine buying a magazine a month for the last 8 years!!! In the recent 4 years, I buy an average of 3 magazines per month. Go figure how much I have spent on them....












|