.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

What a blog means
Recently, the newspapers have highlighted the blog of Grace Chow, www.dyingis.blogspot.com . Her blog is a general collection of thoughts written a month before she succumbed to cancer. Her weakening of her physical body was recorded in her blog. Despite the fact that she had only managed to record 11 blog entries, I believe that she was trying her best to use her blog as a legacy for those who loved her and to create a lasting memory of her life.

Sad.

However, her perseverance to write despite her vulnerability has led me to further believe that my blog is for a purpose. I'm inspired by Grace Chow. In actual fact, many angels have come up to me in school, telling me that they read my blog faithfully and they actually enjoy my writing. Perhaps it is not often that a teacher reveals what she does to her students. Blogging has now become a way I express my thoughts. Somehow, somewhere, sometime, I realised that I have never kept a journal for more than a month. This blog is the exception. Perhaps, the knowledge that there are people reading my entries actually keeps me going. It keeps me going so much that I actually missed writing when I was on holiday. Amazing? Not so, I guess. Writing/Blogging just comes naturally after some time. I now believe why my secondary school teacher also said that writing improves with practice. I certainly agree with her whole-hearted now!

|