.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

A Brand New Me
For the angels who have seen me around in school, perhaps you are already aware that I have deicided to adopt a brand new image for the brand new year.

To most people, my hair was literally my crowning glory. However, little did they know that if they had examined my hair close-up, they would have realised that my hair is dry, lacks lustre and I have split-ends at the hair-ends. Many people are thus deceived into believing that I have smooth, glossy locks worthy of admiration. Perhaps appearances can be so deceiving. My hair was also making me look run-down and wane. It too added years to my face.

Much as the fact remains that I have kept my hair length for 5 years and cutting it off would be akin to chopping off a limb of mine, deep in my heart, I know that I needed to do something about my hair. Perhaps something as drastic as snipping even half of my hair off to get back healthy hair. Somehow, I realised that I need to make a sacrifice, perhaps a painful one, in order to ensure that I do not have to make more painful decisions much later.

On Friday 07/01/04, I officially chopped off my long, permed tresses in exchange for a funkier, lighter look.

It was a dramatic move. However, it was definitely not one done on impulse. In actual fact, I was deliberating over cutting my hair half a year ago. I realise that sometimes I can be so secure with what I have that I am scared to venture and try new things. I guess this speaks for many angels as well, for I know that sometimes they can be quivering in their pants when it comes to change, or even try to change.

However, after my haircut, I am better able to tell myself, or my angels even, that if they try new challenges and take things in their stride, sometimes they might even receive a pleasant surprise, that things might turn out better than expected.

Just like my new haircut. It turned out better than I thought it would.

|