.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Of Gloom and Miracles
For the past few days, the skies appeared to have donned their dullest clothes and looked as if they were in a state of deep mourning for the tsunami victims, some whose bodies can no longer be found. Indeed, it has been raining continuously, so much that I have started to wonder when I can sneak a peep at the sun's glory again. Not only does the gloomy, grey sky seem to be sapping away colour from the sun that we so often bask in, it seemed to be robbing the survivors of any opportunity to be rescued. While chances of anyone surviving are slim, I still think that we can never wipe out the possibility that somewhere out in the remote regions of Aceh, Sri Lanka or Phuket, someone might be fighting for his last breath, keeping his/her hope alive that he/she might be rescued in the nick of time before Death arrives with a cruel grin on his face.

I am still keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers going every night.

I do believe in miracles and they do happen when we believe strongly, firmly in whatever we do.

Just like the piece of news I received 3 days ago.

Hold your breathe!

Don't laugh.

Uncle George (my mother's brother) is getting married this coming 25th January 2005! What's so miraculous about it? Well, he's 58 and has been single all his life. Plus the fact that he's going to get married to a woman(Aunt Choo) whom he recently met. She's 60, I think. Imagine my reaction when I first heard the news. What was I doing? Well, I was reeling from non-stop laughter when my mother first told me about it with a straight face. Aunt Choo was his tenant and Uncle George had rented a room to her. Everything started from this tenant-owner relationship. Love started blossoming fast and before we knew, marriage was on the cards.

Haha... this is still too much for me to accept. I have met Aunt Choo and she seems like a rather easy-going person who doesn't look her age. I heartily congratulate them for finding each other after such a long search and having the guts to profess their love for each other at this age.

It's amazing! Nothing is impossible.

"Who know what miracles you can achieve? When you believe, somehow you will. You will when you believe." ~Lyrics from "When You Believe"


|