.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My Crazy Father
My father has all along appeared perfectly normal to me. He goes to work from 9 to 5 and comes home to enjoy 2 things, his favourite tv shows and home-cooked food.

However, after yesterday's incident, I find him rather eccentric. Read on to find out...

Just yesterday, I was whining to my dad about the huge influx of bloodsuckers(read: mosquitoes) in our house, especially our study area. He agreed almost immediately with this as he was also a fellow victim to these seemingly invincible and invisible creatures who simply suck our blood away! Sick and tired of these mutants with tiger stripes, he decided to take action. Armed with a can of Baygon, he mercilessly sprayed the entire study area with a shrouding mist of insecticide. I thought that was all he did.

Imagine my shock when I went up to the study and there to greet me were 2 things.

1) The potent, almost suffocating smell of Baygon. *I think he almost sprayed the entire can of insecticide.*
2) My father, sitting at the study area, clicking on the mouse, playing a game of solitare, amidst the almost "breathtaking"environment. He acted nonchalent, as if the puke-inducing smell was nothing to him. I was literally shouting and asking him,"Dad, are you crazy? Sitting amidst the smell of Baygon as if nothing had happened!" He simply continued with his game of solitare, too engrossed to respond.

See, I was not kidding. My dad is definitely going out of his mind. Haha.

|