.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

My Little Tribute to a Wonderful Team
The harsh feelings and anger that I felt yesterday have all dissipated. Ironically, students make me feel down but, at the same time, students uplift my weary spirit as well. Weird, isn't it?

Anyway, kudos to the Chinese Orchestra students who have done our school proud. The achievement is all yours. Remember my message at the CO camp? It went something like this:

"The previous Sec 4 batch had proven their ability and unity at the last SYF by achieving Gold. They have achieved something no neighbourhood schools have done before. It is really up to you to retain this honour and glory your seniors have worked for. Everything is possible if you put your hearts to it. It is in your hands and I firmly believe you can achieve if your desire is fired up."

Thank you for all the amazing effort. I know how tired you are with practice from morning till night. I know how much schoolwork you need to make up. I know how much you doubted your own ability. I know every drop of sweat you had from carrying all the heavy instruments. I know the sacrifices you had to make, not being able to go out with your friends, to enjoy your favourite TV programme, or even miss Sly's autograph session.

At the same time, I also know that this memories will be indelible and the moment of glory would remain carved in your hearts for many, many years to come. I know how loudly you screamed when the results were out, how much tears of joy you shed and the sense of elation. I know that you have put in your greatest effort to do something we believe in. I know that the glory belongs to YOU and only YOU alone.

The competition was tough but you proved to be even tougher. The achievement was difficult to come about but I guess it is the difficulty that makes the achievement sweeter.

To all the SYF performers, backstage crew, seniors, take this memory with you and hold it close to your heart dearly. The next time when you feel something is seemingly impossible, recall this moment of glory and trust your own ability. Believe in yourself! Nothing is impossible. Impossible is nothing.

It has been an amazing experience and I am glad to be part of it.

I have learnt to believe in myself, just as you did. Thank you for teaching me about the importance of perseverance. You have taught me much more than whatever knowledge I have imparted to you.

|