.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Monday, December 19, 2005

Of Leadership and Integrity
I was reading the article on the NKF fiasco reported by HC today. I must admit that the article was brutal. Brutally honest. In fact, all the facts were laid out one by one, stark naked on the many pages of The Straits Times. In disbelief, I read about one ridiculous justification after another from the old NKF. It's sad how an abuse of public funds can occur unnoticed. LA study trip(What study trip? To study can-can girls you mean), first class air tickets, gold-plated taps, encashing unused leave, inflation of subsidy claims, getting NKF to pay for wife's cashcard? All these and more are ridiculous!

It's simple ridiculous how a leader can assume a leadership position, given top-notch responsiblities to handle millions of dollars and yet cannot showcase integrity. How can one abuse the trust of the public by lining his own pockets? Indeed, I always believe that integrity and leadership should go hand-in-hand. They are not two separate entities. Imagine a person who is extremely capable, can help raise the company to the next level but short of a clear conscience. I shudder just imagining the possibilities.

I believe that one should always hold on to the values and integrity. For without these, the person would only be an empty shell. I guess this article is a wonderful reminder to each and every one of us that we should lead a principled life.

Think about what I just wrote.

A disgruntled Nana signing off

|