.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Sunday, December 04, 2005

To Touch and be Touched
Here's a poem I wrote for my 2E7-ians when I was at TECC some time back. It is specially dedicated to my 40 angels in 2E7. I put it up some time again but removed it as I thought it was pretty mushy. Anyway, I thought the angels deserve the accolade so here it is again. From the bottom of my heart, I present A Dedication to 2E7

A Dedication to My Home Class 2E7

It’s amazing how we much we had transformed.
From the time we first met
41 strange faces (including mine)
Met each other for the first time
Discomfort and silence occupied the entire room.
This did not last long.
Soon, unfriendly stares and awkward smiles
Were replaced quickly by laughter and comfort in each other’s presence.
It’s truly amazing
How we fought
How we encouraged each other
How we bonded together
How we bickered
And made up.
How firm friendships were forged
And how much you held fast to it.
I saw a tinge of sadness
On the faces of many on the last day of school.
This goes to how much 2E7 meant to you.
As much as it meant the same to me.
While I was the encourager in the beginning
I was much encouraged by the level of maturity of many in the class.
As much as I was the teacher,
You made me feel young again (I’m not very old anyway).
Ever-inspired by your readiness for actions,
Your zest for learning
And your zeal for life
I was ready to fight the battle together with you this year
To help pave the way for your streaming.
Each individual is unique and gifted in his own way.
Perhaps this is the reason why the class is so special.
I love to inspire this class
For it first inspired me.
It’s sad that I would not be seeing most of you next year
However, when our paths cross,
Do not forget to say a warm hello or give a silent wave
For memories of you 40 angels will be deeply etched in my heart.
These indelible memories will never be forgotten.
2E7- Thank you for the music!
This music will never fade….

|