.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Of New and Old Angels
New year+New angels+New challenges+New jobscope= New Hair!

This is not a typical equation I teach in class.

3 simple reasons for the new hair(fringe actually, because I am growing out my hair):

1) My fringe is poking into my eyes! Haha, believe it or not, I looked like I had a curtain on my face. Go figure!

2) San's wedding is held this Sunday. I can't possibly be one of her "Ah-Yis"(can't really explain what an "Ah-Yi" is but we are supposed to stop the groom from getting into the house till he offers a bribe in the form of a red packet.) looking like I have a curtain on my face.

3) I love going to the salon, simply to relieve stress. It's true. The visits to K helps. Stress = Visit to salon = Hair cut! Guess you can roughly figure out the amount of stress I had last year...

Actually the angels this year seem quite promising. It's only the first week I see them so no conclusion yet. However, I must admit I do miss the angels from last year. After teaching them for 2 years, there has to be some emotional attachment to them. I'm human after all.

It's truly amazing to be a teacher; to be able to witness these angels maturing and morphing into young adults. Even the boys look 3 years older with their long pants. The Sec 1s of yesteryears are now in Sec 4.

It certainly feels weird.

Looking at them, I feel old already *sob sob*

An old lady by the name of Annabel signing off

|