.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Friday, February 03, 2006

A Creative Experience
I have so much to blog about what has happened over a span of 2 weeks.

I feel much better now. To all the angels who have expressed their concern and encouragement, thank you so very much. I feel uplifted by your smiles, your words of encouragement and of course giving me time to get over this very difficult time.

Anyway, I’m going to have a few interesting posts this weekend so watch out for them.

==================================================================

If you remember, I bought a Creative Zen sometime a year back. One year later, the Zen has malfunctioned twice. The first time was due to a phonejack issue and the second time, I suspect, is the same problem.

On Saturday afternoon, after my CO practice, I headed down to Jurong East with my Bro to get the device fixed. It was a mad rush as CO ended at around 5.15 and Creative closes at 7pm.

Anyway, little did we expect the journey to be an adventure in itself.

I have pictures to show. So here's why:


Bro reading the papers while waiting for the MRT


After the 40 minute ride on the MRT, we decided to take a shortcut to Creative. Since we could visibly view the Creative Building from where we were, we figured things couldn't go very wrong. It appeared to be pretty nearby, perhaps a 5-minute walk or so.

How wrong we were.


The Creative Building


It took us 30 minutes to make our way there and it was a rough hike amidst the slippery wet ground. My white Birkenstocks were all splattered and caked with unsightly mud. The dirt track we walked on initially actually morphed into a mud track in no time at all. Obviously it was then we regretted taking the short cut but sensing that we had walked quite a distance, we were reluctant to backtrack.

Lesson 1: Never ever take short-cuts.



The Mud Track

Gooey-Icky cakes of Mud

My Bro's feet during the 'hike'


Anyway, the mud track was only the beginning. We soon had this close encounter with a dog along the way. We soon realised that we had stumbled into his territory and he wasn't too happy about it! Common sense told us we needed to walk as inconspiciously as possible. So we doubled our paced and this action probably managed to appease the dog, for he was no longer hot on our heels.

Lesson 2: Never ever take short-cuts, especially when there are dogs around.

Panting madly, we realised that the Creative Building was within reach.

As with all good narrative stories, there had to be complications and climax.

We soon realised that from where we were, there was a huge drain separating us from the building. A steep slope provided us with another hurdle.

Looking grimly at my Bro, I told him, "Let's do it!" Under normal circumstances, I would have chickened out. However, since Creative was just another 5 minutes away and it was already 6.25pm, I decided to take the slope.

Lesson 3: Never ever take short-cuts, and regret later. Stay true to the path you have chosen.


A mini-slope


Thereafter, we had to cross three shaky planks which were the only means across the dreaded drain. At that time, my Bro was complaining like mad already.


The mini drawbridge


Finally, we reached Creative at 6.35pm, with time to spare. We spoke to the CSO till 7.25 pm.

Anyway, I spent 2 weeks trying to persuade the Creative staff to get my Zen fixed without me having to pay a single cent. And I did! It was tedious though but my stand was firm: I want my Zen to be fixed no matter what. Of course, the fact that I had good vocabulary and the gift of persuasion helped!

Lesson 4: Good English helps anytime.

Anyway, after the whole Creative experience, Bro and I went over to IMM where we spotted this weird invention- Cotton buds for giants.

Weird, isn't it? I wonder where the Japanese use it on.

A Weird Find Posted by Picasa

|