.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Puzzling Puzzles?
I promised new posts this week so here's a fresh one.

Anyway, I happened to pass by this shop in Marine Parade a few weeks ago and found some steals there. These puzzles were retailing at only $1 each, regardless of shape or size. If you have bought these Mathematical puzzles before at shopping centres, you'll probably realise that $1 for a puzzle is a great buy in comparison to the usual $8-10 one pays. They are ultra-portable and I bring them when I go out sometimes.

Anyway, here're some of the Mathematical puzzles I bought:


Puzzle 1


The Task - These green and pine wooden cubes are strung on a string. Using your spatial sense, try to fix the string of cubes into a 3x3x3 cube.

*Solved*


Puzzle 2


The Task - This 3-D star consists of 6 symmetrical pieces. Disassemble the star and assemble it again with the pieces held firmly against each other.

*Solved by Wen and I picked up the solution too*


Puzzle 3


The Task - Disassemble the puzzle and assemble it again with the pieces held firmly against each other. This time round, ensure that the wooden ball is placed in the centre before closing the gaps.


Puzzle 4


Woah, this looks complicated but basically we have to disassemble and reassemble it, with the pieces held firmly together.


Puzzle 5


This looks simple but I have yet to find out how to remove the pieces.


Tangram


Tangrams are used to form specific shapes. It tests creativity and thinking skills since all the pieces are required to form a particular pattern.


The Whole Lot


I love puzzles but I shall put the other puzzles on hold for the time being.

- A puzzled-by-puzzle Nana signing off -

|