.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Friday, June 02, 2006

Porta Porta
Went back to school after half a day of workshop yesterday. Met S & S and they suggested lunch at this restaurant in Changi by the name of Porta Porta. Interestingly, we thought the name of the restaurant was pretty catchy.


S drove and we soon arrived at a quaint little restaurant tucked away in remote Changi. I was most taken aback by the cosy outlook of the place, for the restaurant could take at most 25 diners at one sitting. I love the interior of the restaurant. For Porta Porta, an Italian restaurant was tastefully furnished. The walls were filled with pictures and photos, a testament of the owners' marriage, love and their youth. There was also a mandolin and some costumes displayed on the wall.


Anyway, we ordered the beef set lunch which consisted of some appetizers and bread, a soup, lasagna, some meat, tiramisu and coffee. By the time, I finished the meat, my stomach was protesting wildly, making way only for the enticing tiramisu.

When the bill arrived, S paid for the lavish meal. I thought that $82 was rather expensive for lunch. Normally, I would be easily satisfied with a $1 bowl of noodles in school. Nevertheless, we had a wonderful time there so I guess the $82 was worth it after all.

|