.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Sunday, July 02, 2006

The New Term
The school holidays ended as quickly as it started. The unsatisfied me still wants to lament over the fact that the holidays have ended and school has begun. As I mentioned in the earlier blog, this holiday has been good. At least I managed to get a decent break in Bejing before the work cycle begins once more.

Apart from the break in Bejing, there has been much spiritual uplifting as well. Indeed, I feel recharged, refreshed and 'on fire' after the Fire Conference last Friday. In the beginning, I questioned why I was placed in certain areas in school, especially when I feel no passion for them. Now, as the year slowly unfolds, I begin to see God's purpose and direction in placing me in the respectively areas. I have learnt to place a greater trust in Him and to take comfort in his words. The doubts I had of myself have been replaced with confidence. The negativity I had in the earlier part this year have vanished. Praise the Lord!

This term I know would be tougher and meaner than ever before. For the break given would propel me much further for I know my September and December holidays would be occupied with work.

Having been teaching for 4 years, I must say that I have felt every emotion a teacher ought to feel: the anguish with the job, disappointment with angels. Yet I, too, had my fair share of happiness as well. For in my four years of teaching, I have witnessed my students' growth, numerous unexpected victories, received encouragement from my students in affirming that I am a competent teacher. I must admit that though I want to be perfect in everything I do, I know that my limitations are there.

This term, I expect a personal change in myself. For once more, I want to find the joy in teaching as I once did, to place my angels on a higher pedestal, to be able to make a difference in the lives of many angels. For these were the reasons why I joined teaching in the first place and these will continue to be the reasons why I continue to teach. For I hope to find the passion I once had to teach. Hopefully the angels will continue to be receptive to my teaching and be able to witness the effort I put in. For I have finally realised that my angels are my priority and I hope to stay true to this cause.

Frankly speaking, I do not know how long I would be able to last in this career but at least I hope to leave a mark in the hearts of the angels I teach.

Nana =)

|