.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Letter to God
Dear God

This letter is to affirm your presence in my life. Thank you for always being there for me, for you have seen me through rough patches. I'm grateful that you have brought me into teaching, for teaching has given me some of the best experiences I've ever had in my life.

Many a times when I was at my lowest in morale and spirit, you were there for me.

When I felt weary and beaten, you comforted me with your words and revived the tired spirit.

When I felt like giving up, you gave me strength to stand firm once more.

When I felt totally redundant, you reminded me of the sacrifice you have made for me and me alone. That I am worthy of your ultimate sacrifice and that I am precious in your eyes.

When I tasted success, you celebrated with me.

When I overcame my problems, you gave me a pat on my back.

When I need someone to speak to, you send not one but many people into my life.

Thank you for sending me angels, year after year, who I can relate to.

Thank you for sending me angels who bless me with cards and gifts every Teachers' Day. This Teachers' Day is extra special for the words and actions of the angels have touched deep in the recesses of my heart. For only you know the problems I face and the joy I feel in my job.

I know I am not someone who is made perfect.

For you created me and gave me tears so these can be shed when I feel low.

For you gave me eyes so I can see and appreciate how imperfect we are, opening my eyes to the strengths and weaknesses of my angels so that we can work on them together.

For you blessed me with a strong heart so that I can shield the angels from the difficulties they face in their school, family and even relationships.

Thank you for giving me listening ears for angels can pour out their problems readily to me.

Thank you for giving me the ability to relate to most(not all, sadly) of my students.

Thank you for allowing students to trust me as a friend, a mentor and a teacher.

Thank you for giving me a healthy body so I can see my angels grow day by day.

Thank you for granting me a cheerful heart so I can bring laughter to those around me.

Thank you for making me a teacher so that I can thank you on this day.

Thank you for all you have done! For I will trust in you all the days of my life.

Thank you, Lord!

Annabel

|