.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pa's Away
Pa left for the Walk to Emmaus (3-day retreat) yesterday. Hmmph... I didn't even get to say goodbye at all.

Well, before the walk, Pastor M rang Mum up to get the entire family to pen notes of encouragement for Pa during his retreat. Sad to say but it was actually the first time I wrote a personal letter to Pa. Somehow it just feels weird to write to Pa for it is not a common practice in our family. I write notes of encouragement readily for my colleagues, friends and even my angels, but strangely not to my parents.

Anyway, I wrote the letter rather quickly for I knew what to write the moment my pen touched the surface of the paper. Feelings poured fast and furious, thanking Pa for trivial things he did that I have always taken for granted, like waking up at an ungodly hour to drive me to school when he could have continued with his sleep. I gave him my blessings and hope that he can receive more wisdom after the entire trip. Ma and Bro were struggling with the letters when I finished in almost 10 minutes.

Anyway, I kind of miss my Pa's presence in the house. Hopefully the letters will strengthen Pa these few days!

|