.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Friday, October 27, 2006

Passion
Was just chatting to an ex-student K on MSN a while ago.

He's now 19, studying in TP. I taught him for 10 weeks when I was doing my Practicum in BSS 4.5 years back. He mentioned that he remembers me for herding him from the basketball court back to the classroom for my Maths remedial lesson on Factorisation. Guess I was the nasty one. For I remember that I was so furious with him that he skipped my Maths lesson to play basketball then. It was his fortune, or misfortune, that I happened to look out of the window to spot him at the court, dribbling away.

Looking back, I find it funny that I behaved that way. Maybe at that time, my main focus was to get K to pass Maths. Maybe it was because as a trainee teacher I had all the time in the world to spend with my students. I believe that I had the passion of teaching in me, to want to make all students do well in Maths.

It was tiring, but worthwhile.

Seriously, I wonder if I have the energy to do what I did then.

I still don't know.

Anyway, K, thanks for acknowledging my presence in my short stint at BSS. Take care and when you get your degree, let me know. I would be so happy for you.

|