.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lost and Found
Have you ever had the experience when you lost something important?

Well, careless me lost my entire bag today at VCH during the rehearsal for RIH'06. I had dumped my bag on one of the front row seats in the auditorium, attended to my 2 emcees and when I turned around, to my horror, my entire bag was gone. I was in total disbelief for the bag was gone in a jiffy! I even thought I had misplaced my bag or that it had fallen between the gaps in the seat. It was only 10 minutes later that I went up to someone to tell them that my bag was missing. Disgusted with my own carelessness, I felt insecure and lost, all at the same time.

I told J, W and a few students and all hunted high and low for the bag but to no avail. I even had to borrow $20 from J to get home. To others, I could only offer a scanty description of the bag - black with brown straps. Utterly crestfallen, I found myself thinking of my bag and not the emcees whom I was there for. Putting everything aside, I tried my utmost to focus on my job. I must admit that I took approximately 30 minutes before I could fully let go. It was then that one of the teachers informed Mr T about my missing bag. He then entrusted all the DHS to hunt for it, even to check the dustbins. Who was I, to have the whole CO hunting for my bag? I'm not even their teacher-in-charge. Nevertheless, this action touched my heart. Almost everyone chipped in their extra bit to help. Sadly, their generous actions made me feel worse. For I felt like a total retard, having lost my bag because of sheer carelessness on my part.

Anyway, some teachers advised me to cancel my cards, handphones and others. Others reminded me that several incidences like this had happened before and the bags were never to be found again. My wallet was stolen several years ago when I was a practicum teacher at BSS. However, this time round, though I was ready to give up, I tried to convince myself that I must continue to have faith in students. Perhaps someone had taken my bag by mistake. It was then that I realised that I had yet to pray. I had done everything except pray.

I then stood in one corner of the hall, a more obscure corner and prayed. I was not concerned about the money in my wallet but more so about the cards, important documents for the coming EOY workshop and SYF in the bag itself. I then told J to pray for me on his way home.

Amazingly enough, my bag was found during the interval with everything intact. My students brought it up to me, claiming that some N students had found it amidst their belongings. Apparently someone had taken the bag by mistake.

Praise the Lord!

I learnt 3 things today:
1) That I need to take care of my belongings.
2) That I can always rely on Him in times of need.
3) That I must always seek Him first

Great day. Great lesson.

|