.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Staying Cheerful
Reviving an old post (which was not published quite some time ago) in November last year. Sounds contradictory to my previous post? Well, it is (Since this was written some time ago). Anyway it was a reminder of this verse 'The joy of the Lord is our strength'.

Sometimes it's tough to maintain a positive disposition when everything is piling up. Most of the times I try to force a smile and try to sound cheerful. This act itself makes me feel joyful.

Just the other day, a student I met was commenting that it's going to be tough for CO to get Gold for SYF next year for the choice of song is rather bizarre. My response I gave him even took me by surprise. This was what I told him, "As long as we do our best, does it matter whether we get a Gold or not?" I believe this was the exact response I gave him.

Students being students, most of the time they only view the end results as crucial. I don't deny that. I do that all the time as well. Very often, they forget the number of hours they put into training, their perseverance, their hard work, their successes and even disappointments along the way. These setbacks and successes help make them a stronger and more resilient person to prime them for the battle. Even adults feel that way, let alone students.

I love the words from The Three Kings "When the time comes, WE FIGHT!" Indeed, every single day is a battle for all of us. Who doesn't battle the constant stress at work? Who relishes the sarcastic 'friend' who is ever ready to pounce on you for every slip of the tongue? Who enjoys being critised and critiqued all the time? In reality, these words are neccessary evil at times. Very often they allow us to reflect and grow, though these words hurt like pins.

Don't lose hope.

Don't lose heart.

When the time comes, WE fight.

Not you, not me, but we are going to do it together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Eight months later

Trying very hard to keep up the smiles. ;)

|