.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Golden Ones
Was reminded of my blog by an angel. 'Neglect' is definitely the word used to describe the way I treat my blog. There has been a million events since my last blog but I was too lazy to update it.


Anyway, since the last time I posted a blog was Christmas, it is rather appropriate that I write one about Chinese New Year, which is slowly creeping in. Indeed, the malls are the perfect evidence that Chinese New Year is around the corner, with stores blasting familar new year tunes reminding shoppers to stock up for an abundant year and red signages wishing everyone a prosperous new year everywhere.


Age must be catching up with me, for I no longer feel the same wave of euphoria I felt when I was in my secondary school.


Last weekend, I was preparing from my lessons when I smelled a familar whiff of pastries from the kitchen. I knew my mum, her sister and my helper were then fiddling around with their once-in-a-year occupation - the making of the signature Ho family pineapple tarts.

Anyway, I tried my hand at making them and these were the ones I made.

My Golden Retriever Pineapple tart

Since this is the year of the Rat, I made some that looked like rats.

Tomatoes, anyone?

Happy Chinese New Year people!


|