.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
mbanner.gif">

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

To Shan Dong
In case you are wondering whether I had made a mistake, the answer is 'no'.

Yup, I'll be heading for China once more this year. Somehow, each time I visit China, the purpose is work. Anyway, I'm mightily pleased to be able to be on this trip. However, I'm not looking forward to the nasty cold weather, according to students and weather forecasts.

2 - 8 degrees celsius.

That's how miserable the weather is over there. That being said, I have Mummy's trenchcoat, windbreaker and a blue Timberland down jacket on loan from H. I'm sure I'll be able to survive the cold and emerge a victor. Freezing temperatures are never my cup of tea. It's my first experience of the closest call to winter.

I'm truly blessed to be able to ascend the Great Wall of China twice. The Chinese say that 'If you've never been to China, you cannot be considered a hero". Ahem...does that make me a superhero when I get back?

Apart from the depressing weather, the only other rant I have is that I have to lug my laptop to Shan Dong to set exam papers. So when the angels are snuggled deeply in their blankets, the teachers would be there burning some midnight oil. I'm not complaining...it's part and parcel of my job.

Anyway, I'll miss my angels and the Cross Country Run on Friday. I'm beginning to fall in love with the two classes I teach this year. Somehow we can click. Or maybe it's only a one-sided love affair. I don't know.

In any case, I'll see you when schools reopens(That is, if I don't freeze to death over there).

Adios!

|